Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome Outlook
What to expect with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome:
- With treatment, about 60 to 75 percent of those with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome live longer than 5 years.
- The outlook for Zollinger-Ellison syndrome depends on the health of the person and the severity of the illness.
Continue to Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome Complications
- Desir B, Poitras P. Oral pantoprazole for acid suppression in the treatment of patients with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Can J Gastroenterol. 2001 Dec;15(12):795-8. 
- Gibril F, Jensen RT. Advances in evaluation and management of gastrinoma in patients with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2005 May;7(2):114-21. 
- Gibril F, Jensen RT. Zollinger-Ellison syndrome revisited: diagnosis, biologic markers, associated inherited disorders, and acid hypersecretion. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2004 Dec;6(6):454-63. 
- Roy PK, Venzon DJ, Shojamanesh H, Abou-Saif A, Peghini P, Doppman JL, Gibril F, Jensen RT. Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Clinical presentation in 261 patients. Medicine (Baltimore). 2000 Nov;79(6):379-411.