Laser treatment for acne:
- Severe scarring due to cystic acne can be treated with laser resurfacing.
- The laser burns the outermost layer of skin, and the scar is reduced during the normal healing process.
Continue to Zits Questions For Doctor
- James WD. Clinical practice. Acne. N Engl J Med. 2005 Apr 7;352(14):1463-72. 
- Magin P, Pond D, Smith W, Watson A. A systematic review of the evidence for 'myths and misconceptions' in acne management: diet, face-washing and sunlight. Fam Pract. 2005 Feb;22(1):62-70. 
- Marks R. Acne and its management beyond the age of 35 years. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2004;5(6):459-62.