Yellow Fever Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of yellow fever.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having yellow fever again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Yellow Fever Specialist
- Bryan CS, Moss SW, Kahn RJ. Yellow fever in the Americas. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2004 Jun;18(2):275-92, table of contents. 
- Massad E, Coutinho FA, Burattini MN, Lopez LF, Struchiner CJ. Yellow fever vaccination: how much is enough? Vaccine. 2005 Jun 10;23(30):3908-14. 
- Monath TP, Barrett AD. Pathogenesis and pathophysiology of yellow fever.Adv Virus Res. 2003;60:343-95. 
- Onyango CO, Grobbelaar AA, Gibson GV, Sang RC, Sow A, Swaneopel R, Burt FJ. Yellow fever outbreak, southern Sudan, 2003. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004 Sep;10(9):1668-70.