Wrapped Hair Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of wrapped hair.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having a wrapped hair again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
Continue to Wrapped Hair Home Care
- Barton DJ, Sloan GM, Nichter LS, Reinisch JF. Hair-thread tourniquet syndrome. Pediatrics. 1988 Dec;82(6):925-8. 
- Golshevsky J, Chuen J, Tung PH. Hair-thread tourniquet syndrome. J Paediatr Child Health. 2005 Mar;41(3):154-5. Review. 
- Liow RY, Budny P, Regan PJ. Hair thread tourniquet syndrome. J Accid Emerg Med. 1996 Mar;13(2):138-9.