Withdrawal Heroin Outlook
What to expect with narcotic withdrawal:
- A person with narcotic withdrawal usually recovers in about 1 week.
- The majority of narcotic abusers who experience withdrawal become narcotic users again.
Continue to Withdrawal Heroin Underlying Cause
- Scott CS, Decker JL, Edwards ML, Freid EB. Withdrawal after narcotic therapy: a survey of neonatal and pediatric clinicians. Pharmacotherapy. 1998 Nov-Dec;18(6):1308-12. 
- Upthegrove RA, Naik PC. Pharmacological management of opiate withdrawal. Hosp Med. 2001 May;62(5):277, 280-1. 
- Wesson DR, Ling W. The Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale (COWS). J Psychoactive Drugs. 2003 Apr-Jun;35(2):253-9.