Wetting the Bed Underlying Cause
Enuresis during the night is extremely common. About 99 percent of those who have enuresis have no medical or psychological cause for the enuresis.
Causes of bedwetting include:
- The child is unable to hold urine for the entire night.
- The child is unable to sense a full bladder during the night.
- The child's body produces a large amount of urine in the evening.
Additional conditions that may lead to enuresis include:
Continue to Wetting the Bed Types
- Moffatt ME. Nocturnal enuresis: a review of the efficacy of treatments and practical advice for clinicians. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 1997 Feb;18(1):49-56. 
- von Gontard A, Schaumburg H, Hollmann E, Eiberg H, Rittig S. The genetics of enuresis: a review. J Urol. 2001 Dec;166(6):2438-43.