West Nile Virus Outlook
What to expect with West Nile virus:
- Most people have mild symptoms after infection and recover completely.
- Only 1 out of 100 people with West Nile virus develop severe symptoms.
- Out of those who have severe symptoms, about 5 percent die from the disease.
Continue to West Nile Virus Complications
- Calisher CH. Medically important arboviruses of the United States and Canada. Clin Microbiol Rev. 1994 Jan;7(1):89-116. 
- Mackenzie JS, Gubler DJ, Petersen LR. Emerging flaviviruses: the spread and resurgence of Japanese encephalitis, West Nile and dengue viruses. Nat Med. 2004 Dec;10(12 Suppl):S98-109.