West Nile Virus Incidence
Facts about West Nile virus:
- West Nile virus is common in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- The incidence of West Nile virus in the US is unknown.
- Only 1 out of 100 people infected with West Nile virus will develop severe symptoms.
- About 100 people die from West Nile virus each year in the US.
Continue to West Nile Virus Risk Factors
- Calisher CH. Medically important arboviruses of the United States and Canada. Clin Microbiol Rev. 1994 Jan;7(1):89-116. 
- Mackenzie JS, Gubler DJ, Petersen LR. Emerging flaviviruses: the spread and resurgence of Japanese encephalitis, West Nile and dengue viruses. Nat Med. 2004 Dec;10(12 Suppl):S98-109.