Welder's Burns to the Eyes Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of ultraviolet keratitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for ultraviolet keratitis?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
Continue to Welder's Burns to the Eyes Specialist
- Lombardi DA, Pannala R, Sorock GS, Wellman H, Courtney TK, Verma S, Smith GS. Welding related occupational eye injuries: a narrative analysis. Inj Prev. 2005 Jun;11(3):174-9. 
- McGwin G Jr, Owsley C. Incidence of emergency department-treated eye injury in the United States. Arch Ophthalmol. 2005 May;123(5):662-6. 
- McGwin G Jr, Xie A, Owsley C. Rate of eye injury in the United States. Arch Ophthalmol. 2005 Jul;123(7):970-6.