Weight Management Goal Setting
Goals must be set that are both personalized and realistic. Each person may have a different reason for starting a weight management program. It may be to control high blood pressure, or it may be to look better and feel more energetic. Whatever the motivation, goals should be realistic and achievable. The maximum recommended amount of weight loss is 2 pounds per week. Therefore, it would not be wise to set the goal of losing 10 pounds per week.
Continue to Weight Management Specialist
- Cara JF, Chaiken RL.Type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome in children and adolescents. Curr Diab Rep. 2006 Jun;6(3):241-50. 
- Daskalopoulou SS, Athyros VG, Kolovou GD, Anagnostopoulou KK, Mikhailidis DP. Definitions of metabolic syndrome: Where are we now? Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2006 Jul;4(3):185-97. 
- Holmes KW, Kwiterovich PO Jr. Treatment of dyslipidemia in children and adolescents. Curr Cardiol Rep. 2005 Nov;7(6):445-56. 
- Spanier PA, Marshall SJ, Faulkner GE. Tackling the obesity pandemic: a call for sedentary behaviour research. Can J Public Health. 2006 May-Jun;97(3):255-7. 
- Tremblay A, Therrien F. Physical activity and body functionality: implications for obesity prevention and treatment. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2006 Feb;84(2):149-56.