Weight Management Diethylpropion
Diethylpropion (Tenuate, Tenuate Dospan) is an appetite suppressant. It works by stimulating the hypothalamus gland, and affecting certain neurotransmitters to decrease appetite. It is used for the short-term treatment of exogenous obesity, along with other lifestyle modifications. It is similar to the amphetamines and has the potential for psychological dependency. It should be used with caution.
Continue to Weight Management Orlistat
- Cara JF, Chaiken RL.Type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome in children and adolescents. Curr Diab Rep. 2006 Jun;6(3):241-50. 
- Daskalopoulou SS, Athyros VG, Kolovou GD, Anagnostopoulou KK, Mikhailidis DP. Definitions of metabolic syndrome: Where are we now? Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2006 Jul;4(3):185-97. 
- Holmes KW, Kwiterovich PO Jr. Treatment of dyslipidemia in children and adolescents. Curr Cardiol Rep. 2005 Nov;7(6):445-56. 
- Spanier PA, Marshall SJ, Faulkner GE. Tackling the obesity pandemic: a call for sedentary behaviour research. Can J Public Health. 2006 May-Jun;97(3):255-7. 
- Tremblay A, Therrien F. Physical activity and body functionality: implications for obesity prevention and treatment. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2006 Feb;84(2):149-56.