Weak Adrenal Glands Primary Disease
In primary Addison's disease, the adrenal gland is damaged by the immune system, which normally fights infection. For some reason, the immune system mistakenly attacks the adrenal gland, damaging the cells, which reduces the production of adrenal hormones.
Continue to Weak Adrenal Glands Secondary Disease
- Baker JT. Adrenal disorders. A primary care approach. Lippincotts Prim Care Pract. 1997 Nov-Dec;1(5):527-36. 
- Don-Wauchope AC, Toft AD. Diagnosis and management of Addison's disease. Practitioner. 2000 Sep;244(1614):794-9. 
- Lin L, Achermann JC. The adrenal. Horm Res. 2004;62 Suppl 3:22-9. 
- Marzotti S, Falorni A. Addison's disease. Autoimmunity. 2004 Jun;37(4):333-6. 
- Perry CG, Connell JM. Key developments in endocrinology. Practitioner. 2003 Jul;247(1648):555, 558, 562.