Watery Stool Prevention
Prevention of diarrhea includes:
- Wash your hands after using the toilet.
- Avoid eating raw clams or oysters.
- Do not drink unpasteurized milk.
- Do not share food utensils.
- Wash your hands after handling raw meat, seafood, or poultry.
- Make sure all meat, poultry and fish products are well cooked.
- Travelers can take 2 tablets of Pepto-Bismol with each meal and at bedtime.
- Travelers to developing countries should avoid:
- Foods that are not steaming hot
- Raw vegetables
- Fruit they have not peeled themselves
- Tap water, including ice
Continue to Watery Stool Complications
- Aranda-Michel J, Giannella RA. Acute diarrhea: a practical review. Am J Med. 1999 Jun;106(6):670-6. 
- Camilleri M. Chronic diarrhea: a review on pathophysiology and management for the clinical gastroenterologist. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2004 Mar;2(3):198-206. 
- Fine KD, Schiller LR. AGA technical review on the evaluation and management of chronic diarrhea. Gastroenterology. 1999 Jun;116(6):1464-86. 
- Mylonakis E, Ryan ET, Calderwood SB. Clostridium difficile--Associated diarrhea: A review. Arch Intern Med. 2001 Feb 26;161(4):525-33.