Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia Specialist
- Bjorkholm M, Johansson E, Papamichael D, Celsing F, Matthews J, Lister TA, Rohatiner AZ. Patterns of clinical presentation, treatment, and outcome in patients with Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia: a two-institution study. Semin Oncol. 2003 Apr;30(2):226-30. 
- Chen CI. Treatment for Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia. Ann Oncol. 2004 Apr;15(4):550-8. 
- Dimopoulos MA, Anagnostopoulos A. Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia. Best Pract Res Clin Haematol. 2005;18(4):747-65. 
- Dimopoulos MA, Kyle RA, Anagnostopoulos A, Treon SP. Diagnosis and management of Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia. J Clin Oncol. 2005 Mar 1;23(7):1564-77.