Vulvar Cancer Prevention
Prevention of vulvar cancer includes:
- Human papillomavirus vaccine:
- Recommended for 11 and 12-year-old girls
- May be given to girls and women ages 9 through 26 years
- Do not have sex with multiple sexual partners.
- Do not have with anyone who has oral or genital sores.
- Do not have sex with anyone who has a penile discharge or vaginal discharge.
- Do not use petroleum jelly in the vagina.
- Do not have sex with a partner who has intercourse with others.
- Practice safe sex:
- Use condoms.
Continue to Vulvar Cancer Outlook
- de Hullu JA, Oonk MH, van der Zee AG. Modern management of vulvar cancer. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2004 Feb;16(1):65-72. 
- Montana GS. Carcinoma of the vulva: combined modality treatment. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2004 Apr;5(2):85-95. 
- Tyring SK. Vulvar squamous cell carcinoma: guidelines for early diagnosis and treatment. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003 Sep;189(3 Suppl):S17-23.