Von Willebrand's Disease Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Von Willebrand's disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for bleeding?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Von Willebrand's Disease Specialist
- Gupta PK, Kannan M, Saxena R. Carrier detection in severe von Willebrand's disease. Ann Hematol. 2004 Oct;83(10):625-7. 
- Ingerslev J, Hvitfeldt Poulsen L, Sorensen B. Current treatment of von Willebrand's disease. Hamostaseologie. 2004 Feb;24(1):56-64. 
- Kujovich JL. von Willebrand's disease and menorrhagia: prevalence, diagnosis, and management. Am J Hematol. 2005 Jul;79(3):220-8. 
- Schlammadinger A, Boda Z. Laboratory screening and diagnosis of von Willebrand's disease. Clin Lab. 2002;48(7-8):385-93.