Von Recklinghausen's Disease Outlook
What to expect with neurofibromatosis:
- The outlook depends on the severity of the illness, and the location of the neurofibroma tumors.
- Most people have a normal life expectancy.
- About 10 percent of people with neurofibromatosis develop cancerous tumors, which spread to many parts of the body.
Continue to Von Recklinghausen's Disease Complications
- Boulanger JM, Larbrisseau A. Neurofibromatosis type 1 in a pediatric population: Ste-Justine's experience. Can J Neurol Sci. 2005 May;32(2):225-31. 
- Neff BA, Welling DB. Current concepts in the evaluation and treatment of neurofibromatosis type II. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2005 Aug;38(4):671-84, ix. 
- Young H, Hyman S, North K. Neurofibromatosis 1: clinical review and exceptions to the rules. J Child Neurol. 2002 Aug;17(8):613-21.