Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care taking control warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Types Genetics
Von Recklinghausen's Disease Evaluation
- Cafe-au-lait skin lesions:
- Light coffee color
- Usually larger than 1.5 cm
- Freckling of the skin in the armpits
- Soft tissue tumors that hang from the skin
- Rubbery skin lumps:
Testing may be necessary to make the diagnosis of neurofibromatosis.
Tests that may be used to evaluate neurofibromatosis include:
Continue to Von Recklinghausen's Disease Treatment
PubMed Von Recklinghausen's Disease References
- Boulanger JM, Larbrisseau A. Neurofibromatosis type 1 in a pediatric population: Ste-Justine's experience. Can J Neurol Sci. 2005 May;32(2):225-31. 
- Neff BA, Welling DB. Current concepts in the evaluation and treatment of neurofibromatosis type II. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2005 Aug;38(4):671-84, ix. 
- Young H, Hyman S, North K. Neurofibromatosis 1: clinical review and exceptions to the rules. J Child Neurol. 2002 Aug;17(8):613-21.