Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care abdominal pain adults abdominal pain children diarrhea in adults diarrhea in children fever in adults fever in children liquid diet vomiting in children warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause
Vomiting Abdominal Pain Children
- Apply heat to the abdomen:
- Heating pad
- Hot water bottle
- Warm baths
- Avoid spicy foods and caffeine.
- Avoid enemas and laxatives.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke
- Drink clear liquids only.
- Advance to a regular diet after one day
- Rest in bed.
- Take acetaminophen for pain
- Avoid aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Take an antacid medication:
- Take prescription medications as directed.
Continue to Vomiting Diarrhea in Adults
PubMed Vomiting References
- Bond CM. Comparison of buccal and oral prochlorperazine in the treatment of dizziness associated with nausea and/or vomiting. Curr Med Res Opin. 1998;14(4):203-12. 
- Borrelli F, Capasso R, Aviello G, Pittler MH, Izzo AA. Effectiveness and safety of ginger in the treatment of pregnancy-induced nausea and vomiting. Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Apr;105(4):849-56. 
- Fan CF, Tanhui E, Joshi S, Trivedi S, Hong Y, Shevde K. Acupressure treatment for prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting. Anesth Analg. 1997 Apr;84(4):821-5. 
- Kovac AL. Prevention and treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting. Drugs. 2000 Feb;59(2):213-43. 
- Ladabaum U, Hasler WL. Novel approaches to the treatment of nausea and vomiting. Dig Dis. 1999;17(3):125-32.