Volvulus Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of volvulus.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having a volvulus again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Volvulus Specialist
- Consorti ET, Liu TH. Diagnosis and treatment of caecal volvulus. Postgrad Med J. 2005 Dec;81(962):772-6. 
- Green P, Swischuk LE, Hernandez JA. Delayed presentation of malrotation and midgut volvulus: imaging findings. Emerg Radiol. 2007 Nov;14(6):379-82. Epub 2007 Aug 21. 
- Lal SK, Morgenstern R, Vinjirayer EP, Matin A. Sigmoid volvulus an update. Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2006 Jan;16(1):175-87. 
- Takada K, Hamada Y, Sato M, Fujii Y, Teraguchi M, Kaneko K, Kamiyama Y. Cecal volvulus in children with mental disability. Pediatr Surg Int. 2007 Oct;23(10):1011-4.