Viral Hepatitis D Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of hepatitis D.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for liver disease?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Viral Hepatitis D Specialist
- Bean P. Latest discoveries on the infection and coinfection with hepatitis D virus. Am Clin Lab. 2002 Jun;21(5):25-7. 
- Malaguarnera M, Restuccia S, Pistone G, Ruello P, Giugno I, Trovato BA. A meta-analysis of interferon-alpha treatment of hepatitis D virus infection. Pharmacotherapy. 1996 Jul-Aug;16(4):609-14. 
- Niro GA, Rosina F, Rizzetto M. Treatment of hepatitis D. J Viral Hepat. 2005 Jan;12(1):2-9.