Viral Hepatitis C Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of hepatitis C.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for liver disease?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Viral Hepatitis C Specialist
- Gremion C, Cerny A. Hepatitis C virus and the immune system: a concise review. Rev Med Virol. 2005 Jul-Aug;15(4):235-68. 
- Pearlman BL. Hepatitis C infection: a clinical review. South Med J. 2004 Apr;97(4):364-73; quiz 374. 
- Rischitelli G, Harris J, McCauley L, Gershon R, Guidotti T. The risk of acquiring hepatitis B or C among public safety workers: a systematic review. Am J Prev Med. 2001 May;20(4):299-306. 
- Triantos C, Samonakis D, Stigliano R, Thalheimer U, Patch D, Burroughs A. Liver transplantation and hepatitis C virus: systematic review of antiviral therapy. Transplantation. 2005 Feb 15;79(3):261-8. 
- Yoho RA, Cruz LL, Mazaheri R, Cruz AT. Hepatitis C: a review. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2003 Aug;112(2):597-605.