Viral Encephalitis Risk Factors
Risk factors for encephalitis include:
- Any condition that weakens the immune system
- Organ transplant
- Those who are taking medications to prevent organ rejection
- The administration of medicines that kill cancer cells.
- Exposure to mosquitoes that carry the viruses
- Travel to areas where encephalitis is common
Continue to Viral Encephalitis Symptoms
- Debiasi RL, Tyler KL. Molecular methods for diagnosis of viral encephalitis. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2004 Oct;17(4):903-25, table of contents. 
- Kennedy PG. Viral encephalitis: causes, differential diagnosis, and management. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004 Mar;75 Suppl 1:i10-5. 
- Vernet G. Diagnosis of zoonotic viral encephalitis. Arch Virol Suppl. 2004;(18):231-44.