Viral Encephalitis Incidence
Facts about encephalitis:
- There are about 20,000 reported cases of viral encephalitis each year in the United States.
- Most cases go unreported because the symptoms are very mild.
Continue to Viral Encephalitis Risk Factors
- Debiasi RL, Tyler KL. Molecular methods for diagnosis of viral encephalitis. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2004 Oct;17(4):903-25, table of contents. 
- Kennedy PG. Viral encephalitis: causes, differential diagnosis, and management. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004 Mar;75 Suppl 1:i10-5. 
- Vernet G. Diagnosis of zoonotic viral encephalitis. Arch Virol Suppl. 2004;(18):231-44.