Venous Insufficiency Prevention
Prevention of venous insufficiency includes:
- Stop smoking
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke
- Avoid prolonged standing and sitting.
- Avoid wearing girdles or tight clothing.
- Eat a high fiber diet to avoid constipation.
- Elevate your legs frequently.
- Regular exercise program
- Weight loss if you are overweight.
- Never sit with your legs hanging down: keep your feet on the floor.
- Use lightweight elastic support hose.
Continue to Venous Insufficiency Outlook
- Callejas JM, Manasanch J; ETIC Group. Epidemiology of chronic venous insufficiency of the lower limbs in the primary care setting. Int Angiol. 2004 Jun;23(2):154-63. 
- Jawien A. The influence of environmental factors in chronic venous insufficiency. Angiology. 2003 Jul-Aug;54 Suppl 1:S19-31. 
- Min RJ, Khilnani NM, Golia P. Duplex ultrasound evaluation of lower extremity venous insufficiency. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2003 Oct;14(10):1233-41. 
- Puggioni A, Kalra M, Gloviczki P. Superficial vein surgery and SEPS for chronic venous insufficiency. Semin Vasc Surg. 2005 Mar;18(1):41-8. 
- Yamaki T, Nozaki M. Patterns of venous insufficiency after an acute deep vein thrombosis. J Am Coll Surg. 2005 Aug;201(2):231-8.