Vein Blood Clot Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of deep venous thrombosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Vein Blood Clot Specialist
- Ansari MT, Cheung BM, Qing Huang J, Eklof B, Karlberg JP. Traveler's thrombosis: a systematic review. J Travel Med. 2005 May-Jun;12(3):142-54. 
- Elman EE, Kahn SR. The post-thrombotic syndrome after upper extremity deep venous thrombosis in adults: A systematic review. Thromb Res. 2005 Jul 5. 
- Gallus AS. Management options for thrombophilias. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2005 Feb;31(1):118-26. 
- Menajovsky LB, Spandorfer J. Benefits of more aggressive VTE prophylaxis in hospitalized medical patients. Cleve Clin J Med. 2004 Dec;71(12):947-8, 951-3, 956 passim. 
- Prandoni P. Controversial issues in the diagnosis of venous thromboembolism. Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb. 2003 Sep-2004 Dec;33(5-6):311-3. 
- Syed FF, Beeching NJ. Lower-limb deep-vein thrombosis in a general hospital: risk factors, outcomes and the contribution of intravenous drug use. QJM. 2005 Feb;98(2):139-45.