VD in Women Prevention
Prevention of pelvic inflammatory disease includes:
- Seek medical care of your sexual partner has a sexually transmitted disease.
- Do not have sex with multiple sexual partners.
- Do not have with anyone who has oral or genital sores.
- Do not have sex with anyone who has a penile discharge or vaginal discharge.
- Do not use petroleum jelly in the vagina.
- Do not have sex with a partner who has intercourse with others.
- Practice safe sex:
- Use condoms.
- Women should not douche after intercourse.
Continue to VD in Women Outlook
- Banikarim C, Chacko MR. Pelvic inflammatory disease in adolescents. Semin Pediatr Infect Dis. 2005 Jul;16(3):175-80. 
- Beigi RH, Wiesenfeld HC. Pelvic inflammatory disease: new diagnostic criteria and treatment. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2003 Dec;30(4):777-93. 
- Cassell J, Kell P, Adler M. Pelvic inflammatory disease: a review. J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care. 1997 Oct;3(10):20-3. 
- Wiesenfeld HC, Sweet RL, Ness RB, Krohn MA, Amortegui AJ, Hillier SL. Comparison of acute and subclinical pelvic inflammatory disease. Sex Transm Dis. 2005 Jul;32(7):400-5.