Vascular Nevus Outlook
What to expect with birthmarks:
- About 80 percent of birthmarks resolve without treatment by 10 years of age.
- Approximately 50 percent resolve by 5 years of age.
Continue to Vascular Nevus Underlying Cause
- Enjolras O, Mulliken JB: The current management of vascular birthmarks. Pediatr Dermatol 1993 Dec; 10(4): 311-3. 
- Geronemus RG, Ashinoff R: The medical necessity of evaluation and treatment of port-wine stains. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1991 Jan; 17(1): 76-9. 
- Goldman MP, Fitzpatrick RE, Ruiz-Esparza J: Treatment of port-wine stains (capillary malformation) with the flashlamp-pumped pulsed dye laser. J Pediatr 1993 Jan; 122(1): 71-7.