Vaginitis of Menopause Home Care
- For menopausal women, ask your doctor about topical estrogen therapy.
- Take cool or warm baths to decrease genital irritation, followed by gentle drying.
- Try using a vaginal moisturizer, such as Replens.
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Vaginitis of Menopause Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have atrophic vaginitis and any of the following:
Continue to Vaginitis of Menopause Complications
- Bachmann G, Lobo RA, Gut R, Nachtigall L, Notelovitz M. Efficacy of low-dose estradiol vaginal tablets in the treatment of atrophic vaginitis: a randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol. 2008 Jan;111(1):67-76.
- Notelovitz M, Funk S, Nanavati N, Mazzeo M. Estradiol absorption from vaginal tablets in postmenopausal women. Obstet Gynecol. 2002 Apr;99(4):556-62. 
- Owen MK, Clenney TL. Management of vaginitis. Am Fam Physician. 2004 Dec 1;70(11):2125-32.