Vaginitis due to Bacteria Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of bacterial vaginitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Vaginitis due to Bacteria Specialist
- Joesoef MR, Schmid G. Bacterial vaginosis. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):1968-78. 
- Mengel MB, Berg AO, Weaver CH: The effectiveness of single-dose metronidazole therapy for patients and their partners with bacterial vaginosis. J Fam Pract 1989 Feb; 28(2): 163-71. 
- Owen MK, Clenney TL. Management of vaginitis. Am Fam Physician. 2004 Dec 1;70(11):2125-32. 
- Spiegel CA: Bacterial vaginosis. Clin Microbiol Rev 1991 Oct; 4(4): 485-502.