Vaginal Infection Prevention
Prevention of vaginitis includes:
- Avoid using soap in the vagina.
- Avoid products that irritate the vagina:
- Bubble bath
- Shaving cream
- Keep your genitals clean:
- Dry the genitals carefully after bathing or showering.
- Use a vaginal antifungal cream:
- While you are taking an antibiotic
- Wear cotton underwear.
- Change tampons every 4 to 6 hours.
- Avoid prolonged periods in wet clothing, such as a swimming suit.
- Wipe the anus from front to back to avoid spreading bacteria to your vagina.
- Use condoms.
- Urinate before and after intercourse.
Continue to Vaginal Infection Outlook
- Owen MK, Clenney TL. Management of vaginitis. Am Fam Physician. 2004 Dec 1;70(11):2125-32. 
- Spence D. Candidiasis (vulvovaginal). Clin Evid. 2004 Dec;(12):2493-511. 
- Syed TS, Braverman PK. Vaginitis in adolescents. Adolesc Med Clin. 2004 Jun;15(2):235-51.