Vaginal Cancer Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of vulvar cancer.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk of vulvar cancer complications?
- Will my children have this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Vaginal Cancer Specialist
- de Hullu JA, Oonk MH, van der Zee AG. Modern management of vulvar cancer. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2004 Feb;16(1):65-72. 
- Montana GS. Carcinoma of the vulva: combined modality treatment. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2004 Apr;5(2):85-95. 
- Tyring SK. Vulvar squamous cell carcinoma: guidelines for early diagnosis and treatment. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003 Sep;189(3 Suppl):S17-23.