Vaginal Bleeding in Pregnancy Anatomy
Anatomy of the female reproductive tract includes:
- The uterus, cervix, and vaginal canal
- The fallopian tubes: these paired structures connect each ovary to the uterus.
- The ovaries: one on each side of the uterus. The normal ovary is approximately the size of an unshelled almond.
The fetus grows within the amniotic save within the uterus:
PubMed Vaginal Bleeding in Pregnancy References
- Dogra V, Paspulati RM, Bhatt S. First trimester bleeding evaluation. Ultrasound Q. 2005 Jun;21(2):69-85; quiz 149-50, 153-4. 
- Sakornbut E, Leeman L, Fontaine P. Late pregnancy bleeding. Am Fam Physician. 2007 Apr 15;75(8):1199-206.