Vaginal Bleeding in Infants Evaluation
The evaluation of vaginal bleeding in infants begins with a history and physical exam.
The physical exam in a female infant with vaginal bleeding is usually normal.
Physical findings in an infant with vaginal bleeding in infants include:
- Abrasions to the labia or vagina
- Bruising of the labia or vagina
- Laceration to the labia or vagina
- Swelling of the labia or vagina
- Vaginal discharge
Tests that may be used to evaluate vaginal bleeding in infants include:
Continue to Vaginal Bleeding in Infants Treatment
- Merritt DF. Evaluation of vaginal bleeding in the preadolescent child. Semin Pediatr Surg. 1998 Feb;7(1):35-42.