Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment D and C questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain and fever vomiting warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Uterus Infection Evaluation
- An abnormal discharge from the uterus
- A tender uterus
- Rapid pulse
Testing is required to determine the severity of endometritis.
Tests that may be used to evaluate endometritis include:
- Serum pregnancy test
- Pelvic ultrasound:
- Looks for abnormal ovaries and tumors
- PAP smear
- Complete blood count
- Cultures of the cervical discharge to identify infection and determine which antibiotic can best fight the infection.
- Blood cultures
- Kidney profile
- Coagulation profile
For more information:
Continue to Uterus Infection Treatment
PubMed Uterus Infection References
- French LM, Smaill FM. Antibiotic regimens for endometritis after delivery. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004 Oct 18;(4):CD001067. 
- Hopkins L, Smaill F. Antibiotic regimens for management of intraamniotic infection. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(3):CD003254. 
- Lichtenberg ES, Henning C. Conservative management of clostridial endometritis. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004 Jul;191(1):266-70.