Uterine Prolapse Prevention
Prevention of uterine prolapse includes:
- Weight loss if you are overweight.
- Eat a high fiber diet:
- To avoid constipation and straining during a bowel movement
- Practice Kegel exercises regularly.
Kegel exercises strengthen the muscles that support the uterus. These muscles also help control urination.
How to perform Kegel exercises:
- Contract your muscles upward and inward while urinating, so that you can stop the flow of urine.
- Hold this position for a count of 6 seconds.
- Release the urine for a count of 6 seconds.
- Repeat the above one more time before emptying your bladder.
- Once you are able to perform this exercise while urinating, you may perform them between urinating.
- Perform the exercises 4 times a day.
Continue to Uterine Prolapse Outlook
- Cespedes RD, Cross CA, McGuire EJ. Pelvic prolapse: diagnosing and treating uterine and vaginal vault prolapse. Medscape Womens Health. 1998 Jul;3(4):3. 
- Diwan A, Rardin CR, Kohli N. Uterine preservation during surgery for uterovaginal prolapse: a review. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2004 Jul-Aug;15(4):286-92. 
- Maher CF, Carey MP, Murray CJ. Laparoscopic suture hysteropexy for uterine prolapse. Obstet Gynecol. 2001 Jun;97(6):1010-4.