Uterine Leiomyoma Outlook
What to expect with uterine fibroids:
- Uterine fibroids continue to grow if left untreated.
- About 10 percent of women have recurrent uterine fibroids after surgery to remove them from the uterus.
Continue to Uterine Leiomyoma Complications
- Chen S. MRI-guided focused ultrasound treatment of uterine fibroids. Issues Emerg Health Technol. 2005 Jul;(70):1-4. 
- Lippman SA, Warner M, Samuels S, Olive D, Vercellini P, Eskenazi B. Uterine fibroids and gynecologic pain symptoms in a population-based study. Fertil Steril. 2003 Dec;80(6):1488-94. 
- Medical Letter. Uterine artery embolization for fibroids. Med Lett Drugs Ther. 2005 Apr 11;47(1206):31-2. 
- Prollius A, de Vries C, Loggenberg E, Nel M, du Plessis A, Van Rensburg DJ, Wessels PH. Uterine artery embolization for symptomatic fibroids. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004 Mar;84(3):236-40.