Uterine Bleeding after Menopause Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of postmenopausal bleeding.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for vaginal bleeding after menopause?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Uterine Bleeding after Menopause Specialist
- Abouzeid H, Reginald PW. Postmenopausal bleeding on hormone replacement therapy: review of the current referral guidelines. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2004 Nov;24(8):920-1. 
- Epstein E, Valentin L. Managing women with post-menopausal bleeding. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2004 Feb;18(1):125-43. 
- Wagman H. Post-menopausal bleeding. Baillieres Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 1988 Jun;2(2):355-62. 
- White CD. Post menopausal bleeding as a risk factor for endometrial carcinoma. W V Med J. 1991 Jan;87(1):15-7.