Urine Oxalate Elevated Home Care
Home care for hyperoxaluria includes:
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Follow a low oxalate diet:
- As directed by your doctor
- Avoid foods that contain oxalate:
- Leafy green vegetables
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Learn everything you can about hyperoxaluria:
- The more you know about your condition, the easier it will be to participate with your doctor in making treatment decisions.
- Ask your doctor about good sources for information.
- Write down questions to ask your doctor.
Urine Oxalate Elevated Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have hyperoxaluria and any of the following:
Continue to Urine Oxalate Elevated Outlook
- Hoppe B, Langman CB. A United States survey on diagnosis, treatment, and outcome of primary hyperoxaluria. Pediatr Nephrol. 2003 Oct;18(10):986-91. 
- Hoppe B, Leumann E, von Unruh G, Laube N, Hesse A. Diagnostic and therapeutic approaches in patients with secondary hyperoxaluria. Front Biosci. 2003 Sep 1;8:e437-43. 
- Johnson SA, Rumsby G, Cregeen D, Hulton SA. Primary hyperoxaluria type 2 in children. Pediatr Nephrol. 2002 Aug;17(8):597-601.