Urine is Bloody Overview
Another name for Urine is Bloody is Hematuria.
What is hematuria?
A person with hematuria has blood in the urine. The blood may be dissolved in the urine or may be in the form of clots. Depending on how much blood there is in the urine, the color may range from pink to red. Common causes of hematuria include a bladder infection and kidney stones.
What are the symptoms of hematuria?
Symptoms that occur with hematuria include difficulty urinating, fever, decreased urination, inability to urinate, increased frequency of urination, pain during urination, flank pain, back pain, and lower abdominal pain.
How does the doctor treat hematuria?
The treatment for hematuria depends on the underlying cause. Treatment may include antibiotics or surgery.
Continue to Urine is Bloody Symptoms
- Gordon C, Stapleton FB. Hematuria in adolescents. Adolesc Med Clin. 2005 Feb;16(1):229-39. 
- Jones GR, Newhouse I. Sport-related hematuria: a review. Clin J Sport Med. 1997 Apr;7(2):119-25. 
- Kincaid-Smith P, Fairley K. The investigation of hematuria. Semin Nephrol. 2005 May;25(3):127-35. 
- Meyers KE. Evaluation of hematuria in children. Urol Clin North Am. 2004 Aug;31(3):559-73, x. 
- Singh GS, Rigsby DC. Asymptomatic microscopic hematuria in women: case series and brief review. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 1999;10(6):361-4.