Urinating Blood Home Care
Home care for hematuria includes:
- Avoid aspirin.
- Avoid nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Strain your urine:
- As directed by your doctor.
- Urinate when you have the urge to urinate:
- Allow the bladder empty completely.
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Urinating Blood Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have hematuria and any of the following:
Continue to Urinating Blood Underlying Cause
- Gordon C, Stapleton FB. Hematuria in adolescents. Adolesc Med Clin. 2005 Feb;16(1):229-39. 
- Jones GR, Newhouse I. Sport-related hematuria: a review. Clin J Sport Med. 1997 Apr;7(2):119-25. 
- Kincaid-Smith P, Fairley K. The investigation of hematuria. Semin Nephrol. 2005 May;25(3):127-35. 
- Meyers KE. Evaluation of hematuria in children. Urol Clin North Am. 2004 Aug;31(3):559-73, x. 
- Singh GS, Rigsby DC. Asymptomatic microscopic hematuria in women: case series and brief review. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 1999;10(6):361-4.