Overview Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain and fever vomiting warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Types Anatomy
Urinary Tract Infections in Children Outlook
What to expect with urinary tract infections in children:
- Antibiotic treatment usually cures a urinary tract infection
- Symptoms are usually gone within a few days.
- Children who are born with an abnormal kidney, ureter, or bladder may require corrective surgery.
PubMed Urinary Tract Infections in Children References
- Hellerstein S. Antibiotic treatment for urinary tract infections in pediatric patients. Minerva Pediatr. 2003 Oct;55(5):395-406. 
- Ma JF, Shortliffe LM. Urinary tract infection in children: etiology and epidemiology. Urol Clin North Am. 2004 Aug;31(3):517-26, ix-x. 
- van der Voort J, Edwards A, Roberts R, Verrier Jones K. The struggle to diagnose UTI in children under two in primary care. Fam Pract. 1997 Feb;14(1):44-8.