Urinary Tract Infection Kidney Incidence
Facts about pyelonephritis:
- About 1 out of 7,000 people develop pyelonephritis each year in the US.
- About 192,000 people are admitted to the hospital for pyelonephritis each year in the US.
- Pyelonephritis is more common in females.
Continue to Urinary Tract Infection Kidney Risk Factors
- Bloomfield P, Hodson EM, Craig JC. Antibiotics for acute pyelonephritis in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Jan 25;(1):CD003772. 
- Efstathiou SP, Pefanis AV, Tsioulos DI, Zacharos ID, Tsiakou AG, Mitromaras AG, Mastorantonakis SE, Kanavaki SN, Mountokalakis TD. Acute pyelonephritis in adults: prediction of mortality and failure of treatment. Arch Intern Med. 2003 May 26;163(10):1206-12. 
- Ramakrishnan K, Scheid DC. Diagnosis and management of acute pyelonephritis in adults. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Mar 1;71(5):933-42.