Urethral Syndrome Home Care
Home care for urethral syndrome includes:
- Avoid nonprescription cold medicines.
- Avoid nonprescription nasal decongestant medicines.
- Avoid nonprescription allergy medicines:
- Acetaminophen for pain
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin, NeoProfen)
- Ketoprofen (Actron, Orudis, Oruvail)
- Naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, Aleve)
- Try not to urinate until the bladder is full.
- Wear clothes that are easy to remove when it is time to use the toilet.
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Urethral Syndrome Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have urethral syndrome and any of the following:
Continue to Urethral Syndrome Prevention
- Haarala M, Kiilholma P, Lehtonen OP. Urinary bacterial flora of women with urethral syndrome and interstitial cystitis. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1999;47(1):42-4. 
- Mutlu B, Mutlu N, Yucesoy G. The incidence of Chlamydia trachomatis in women with urethral syndrome. Int J Clin Pract. 2001 Oct;55(8):525-6. 
- Skerk V, Schonwald S, Krhen I, Rusinovic M, Strapac Z, Vukovic J. Azithromycin and doxycycline in the treatment of female patients with acute urethral syndrome caused by Ureaplasma urealyticum: significance of duration of clinical symptoms. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 2001;27(4):135-9.