Ureteral Reflux Outlook
What to expect with reflux nephropathy:
- The outlook depends on whether the kidneys have been damaged.
- Urinary tract infections are more common in those with reflux nephropathy.
- Most cases in children resolve without treatment.
Continue to Ureteral Reflux Complications
- Capozza N, Patricolo M, Lais A, Matarazzo E, Caione P. Endoscopic treatment of vesico-ureteral reflux: twelve years' experience. Urol Int. 2001;67(3):228-31. 
- Smellie JM, Barratt TM, Chantler C, Gordon I, Prescod NP, Ransley PG, Woolf AS. Medical versus surgical treatment in children with severe bilateral vesicoureteric reflux and bilateral nephropathy: a randomised trial. Lancet. 2001 Apr 28;357(9265):1329-33.