Upper Arm Fracture Prevention
Prevention of humerus fractures includes:
- Osteoporosis treatment
- Osteoporosis prevention
- Exercise plan developed with your doctor
- Eat a high calcium diet.
- Take calcium supplements
- If your balance is poor:
- Use a walker if balance is poor.
- Wear padded underwear that protects the hips.
- Reduce the risk of falling in the home:
- Anchor rugs to the floor
- Install handrails in bathrooms, halls, and stairways
- Minimize clutter on the floor
- Remove loose wires from the home
- Use non-skid mats
- Wear shoes with non-slip soles
Continue to Upper Arm Fracture Outlook
- Carson S, Woolridge DP, Colletti J, Kilgore K. Pediatric upper extremity injuries. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2006 Feb;53(1):41-67, v. 
- Caviglia H, Garrido CP, Palazzi FF, Meana NV. Pediatric fractures of the humerus. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2005 Mar;(432):49-56. 
- Hodgson S.Proximal humerus fracture rehabilitation. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006 Jan;442:131-8. 
- Shao YC, Harwood P, Grotz MR, Limb D, Giannoudis PV. Radial nerve palsy associated with fractures of the shaft of the humerus: a systematic review. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2005 Dec;87(12):1647-52.