Undescended Testicle Treatment
In most cases of cryptorchidism, the testes descend into the scrotum by 6 months of age without treatment. If the testicle does not descend into the scrotum, surgery is performed in order to relocate the testicle.
Treatment for cryptorchidism may include:
- Human chorionic gonadotropin therapy for cryptorchidism
- Surgery for cryptorchidism:
- To move the testicle from the abdomen into the scrotum
Undescended Testicle Specialist
Continue to Undescended Testicle Home Care
- Henna MR, Del Nero RG, Sampaio CZ, Atallah AN, Schettini ST, Castro AA, Soares BG. Hormonal cryptorchidism therapy: systematic review with metanalysis of randomized clinical trials. Pediatr Surg Int. 2004 May;20(5):357-9. 
- Leung AK, Robson WL. Current status of cryptorchidism. Adv Pediatr. 2004;51:351-77. 
- Pyorala S, Huttunen NP, Uhari M. A review and meta-analysis of hormonal treatment of cryptorchidism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1995 Sep;80(9):2795-9.