Unable to Conceive Incidence
Facts about infertility:
- Infertility affects about 15% of couples in the US. Advancing age increases the chance of infertility.
- About 30 to 40 percent of cases of infertility are due to male factors.
- About 40 to 50 percent of cases of infertility are due to female factors.
- About 10 to 30 percent of cases of infertility are due to male and female factors, or the cause is unknown.
- About 8 percent of females between the ages of 20 and 29 are infertile.
- About 22 percent of females between the ages of 35 to 39 are infertile.
Continue to Unable to Conceive Risk Factors
- Boivin J. A review of psychosocial interventions in infertility. Soc Sci Med. 2003 Dec;57(12):2325-41. 
- Egozcue J, Blanco J, Anton E, Egozcue S, Sarrate Z, Vidal F. Genetic analysis of sperm and implications of severe male infertility--a review. Placenta. 2003 Oct;24 Suppl B:S62-5. 
- Pandian Z, Bhattacharya S, Templeton A. Review of unexplained infertility and obstetric outcome: a 10 year review. Hum Reprod. 2001 Dec;16(12):2593-7. 
- Pritts EA. Fibroids and infertility: a systematic review of the evidence. Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2001 Aug;56(8):483-91.