Ulcer Oral Prevention
Prevention of mouth ulcers includes:
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Avoid alcohol, or drink alcohol in moderation:
- For men: no more than 2 alcoholic beverages per day
- For women: no more than 1 alcoholic beverage per day
- Avoid caffeine.
- Avoid drinking hot liquids.
- Take a vitamin B supplement.
- Take a vitamin C supplement.
- Maintain good oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth after meals and at bedtime.
- Floss your teeth every day.
- Gargle with dilute saltwater three times per day.
- See your dentist every 6 months.
Continue to Ulcer Oral Outlook
- Bruce AJ, Rogers RS 3rd. Acute oral ulcers. Dermatol Clin. 2003 Jan;21(1):1-15. 
- Femiano F, Lanza A, Buonaiuto C, Gombos F, Nunziata M, Piccolo S, Cirillo N. Guidelines for diagnosis and management of aphthous stomatitis. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2007 Aug;26(8):728-32. 
- Porter SR, Leao JC. Review article: oral ulcers and its relevance to systemic disorders. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2005 Feb 15;21(4):295-306. 
- Teo J, Codarini M. Fevers and mouth ulcers. J Paediatr Child Health. 2001 Oct;37(5):507-9.