Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care pain and fever adults pain and fever children warning signs Prevention Underlying Cause Transmission
Facts about typhus:
- There only about 100 cases of typhus in the US each year.
- Typhus occurs most frequently in the southeastern and southern states during the summer and fall.
Continue to Typhus Symptoms
PubMed Typhus References
- Cunha BA. Osler on typhoid fever: differentiating typhoid from typhus and malaria. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2004 Mar;18(1):111-25. 
- Raoult D, Woodward T, Dumler JS. The history of epidemic typhus. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2004 Mar;18(1):127-40. 
- Watt G, Parola P. Scrub typhus and tropical rickettsioses. Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2003 Oct;16(5):429-36.